5. V.F.Corporation (VFC), designs and manufactures or sources from independent contractors a variety of apparel and footwear for all age groups with more than 30 brands. The company offers Jeanswear, outdoor wear, packs, footwear and occupational apparel which are sold worldwide through independent licensees and distributors. It acquired Timberland in Sept. 2011.
Of the 22 analysts covering the stock, 54% recommend a buy and 45% suggest a hold. The stock's 12-months average price target is $146.3, which is 8.9% higher than the current market price, as per a Bloomberg consensus.
For 2011 third quarter, the company reported total revenue of $2.75 billion, up by 23% from $2.23 billion. The company announced 16% organic revenue growth to $22.3 million from $19.2 million. Net income for the quarter grew 24% to $300.7 million from $242.8 million in the same quarter prior year. VF declared quarterly cash dividend of 72 cents per share, an increase of 14% from the previous payout, payable Dec. 19 to shareholders of record Dec. 9.The company expects full-year total revenue to rise 22% to 23% and pegs organic revenue growth at approximately 13.5%. The company recently announced the acquisition of full ownership of VF Arvind Brands Private Ltd. from a majority-owned joint venture between VF Corporation and Arvind Ltd. formed in 2006 to market VF brands in India.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV