ROSH HA-AYIN, Israel, November 29, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
In the news release, "Alon Holdings Blue Square - Israel Ltd. Announces Financial Results for the First Nine Months and Third Quarter of 2011" issued on 28 Nov 2011 12:32 GMT, by Alon Holdings Blue Square Israel Ltd NYSE:BSI over PR Newswire, we are advised by a representative of the company that the "Supermarket segment revenues" information sections now include the following sentences, "Sales per square meter amounted to NIS 13,691 (U.S. $3,688) in the first nine months of 2011, compared to NIS 13,998 in the comparable period last year." and "Sales per square meter amounted to NIS 4,524 (U.S. $1,219) in the third quarter of 2011 compared to NIS 4,898 in the comparable quarter last year." Complete, corrected release follows:
Alon Holdings Blue Square-Israel Ltd. (NYSE and TASE: BSI) today announced its financial results for the first nine months and third quarter ended September 30, 2011.
- As a result of the inclusion of the results of Dor Alon, and the creation of the largest retail group in Israel, the Company's sales in the first nine months of 2011 amounted to NIS 9,443 million (U.S. $2,544 million) (increase of 71%) and the operating profit amounted to NIS 270 million (U.S. $72.8 million) (increase of 40% compared to the comparable period last year).
- In the Supermarket segment the same store sales (SSS) decreased in the first nine months of 2011 by 0.8% compared to the comparable period last year. In the third quarter of 2011 the same store sales decreased by 6.6% 1 compared to the comparable quarter last year mainly due to the public protest in Israel that commenced at the end of the second quarter this year caused a decrease in selling prices to consumers and decrease in demands and due to the timing of the Tishrey Holidays 2, the effect of which was reflected in the third and fourth quarter this year and were fully included in the third quarter last year. Dor Alon's operating profit increased by 7% in the third quarter of 2011 compared to the comparable quarter last year. Effective September, marketing margin was eroded as a result of the government decision.
- As a result of an investment in option for the purchase of 49% of Diners Israel, The Company recorded in the first half of 2011 financial income from revaluation of the option. In the third quarter, once the agreement came into force and the option was exercised, the Company recorded a tax benefit.
- The net income in the first nine months of 2011 amounted to NIS 150 million (U.S. $40.4 million) (increase of 145%).
The The rate of rate of Data in NIS (millions) 1-9 2010 1-9 2011 change 7-9/2010 7-9/2011 change Net revenues 5,520 9,443 71.1% 1,921 3,227 68% Gross profit 1,573 2,226 41.5% 546 745 36.4% Rate of gross profit 28.5% 23.6% 28.4% 23.1% Operating income (before other gains and losses and changes in fair value of investment property) 192 270 40.6% 57 72 26.3% Rate of operating income 3.5% 2.9% 3.0% 2.2% Financial expenses, net 107 135 26.2% 51 79 54.9% Net income for the period 61 150 145.9% 3 40 1,233%Results for the First Nine Months of 2011  Gross revenues
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV