NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Facebook's heavily anticipated initial public offering could arrive in April 2012, according to a published report.
The Wall Street Journal, citing unnamed people familiar with the matter, said late Monday that the social networking giant is targeting a public market debut in the April-June 2012 timeframe.
The article said the company, which is led by Mark Zuckerberg, is currently having internal discussions about the timing of filing for the IPO, a move that could still come in 2011, according to the report.
As for valuation, the WSJ said Facebook could seek to raise as much as $10 billion in a deal that would value the company as a whole at $100 billion. Facebook has already put together a prospectus, the article said, and is ready to file at any time.The details of the offering are likely to be closely monitored by investors as the recent round of buzzy Internet offerings -- namely Groupon (GRPN), LinkedIn (LNKD), and Pandora (P) -- haven't fared well. Online discount purveyor Groupon priced its IPO at $20 per share and saw its stock plunge below that level after being public for less than a month. The shares closed Monday at $15.24. Business social networker LinkedIn saw its shares soar above $120 after pricing at $45 each in mid-May, and the stock has fallen back to close at $60 on Monday. Pandora priced its IPO at $16 each in mid-June, and the stock settled Monday at $10.52. --Written by Michael Baron in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Michael Baron. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV