Southern Copper Corporation (SCCO) pushed the Metals & Mining industry higher today making it today's featured metals & mining winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 4.4%. By the end of trading, Southern Copper Corporation rose $1.76 (6.4%) to $29.40 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.6 million shares of Southern Copper Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.7 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $28.63-$29.50 after having opened the day at $28.63 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $27.64. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that increased today were: Commercial Metals Company (CMC), up 23.8%, Mines Management Inc (MGN), up 22.1%, Universal Stainless & Alloy Products (USAP), up 18.1%, and Uranerz Energy Corporation (URZ), up 16.3%. Southern Copper Corporation engages in mining, exploring, smelting, and refining copper ores in Peru, Mexico, and Chile. Southern Copper Corporation has a market cap of $24.27 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 10.3, below the average metals & mining industry P/E ratio of 10.6 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 43.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Southern Copper as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, robust revenue growth, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Southern Copper Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about SCCO
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV