Pacific Ethanol Inc. (PEIX): Today's Featured Chemicals Loser
Pacific Ethanol Inc (PEIX) pushed the Chemicals industry lower today making it today's featured Chemicals loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 3.2%. By the end of trading, Pacific Ethanol Inc fell 2 cents (-1.6%) to $1.24 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 13.9 million shares of Pacific Ethanol Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7.3 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $1.12-$1.42 after having opened the day at $1.41 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $1.26. Other company's within the Chemicals industry that declined today were: BioFuel Energy Corporation (BIOF), down 10.6%, Pure Bioscience Inc (PURE), down 5.7%, Rentech Inc (RTK), down 4.2%, and Lightbridge (LTBR), down 3.3%. Pacific Ethanol, Inc. produces and markets low carbon renewable fuels in the western United States, primarily in California, Nevada, Arizona, Oregon, Colorado, Idaho, and Washington. The company offers ethanol and its co-products, including wet distillers grains. Pacific Ethanol Inc has a market cap of $94.8 million and is part of the basic materials sector. Shares are down 75.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Pacific Ethanol as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its poor profit margins, generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself and generally weak debt management.
- You can view the full Pacific Ethanol Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV