Nstar (NST): Today's Featured Utilities Loser
Nstar (NST) pushed the Utilities sector lower today making it today's featured Utilities loser. The sector as a whole closed the day up 3.2%. By the end of trading, Nstar fell 28 cents (-0.6%) to $43.76 on average volume. Throughout the day, 342,880 shares of Nstar exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 312,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $43.55-$44.93 after having opened the day at $44.91 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $44.04. Other company's within the Utilities sector that declined today were: U.S. Geothermal Inc (HTM), down 6.5%, Delta Natural Gas Company (DGAS), down 2.2%, and GreenHunter Energy Inc (GRH), down 1.6%. NSTAR, through its subsidiaries, engages in sale, distribution, and transmission of electricity and natural gas to commercial, industrial, and residential customers in Massachusetts. Nstar has a market cap of $4.57 billion and is part of the utilities industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 17.2, below the average utilities industry P/E ratio of 17.5 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 4.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Nstar as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value.
- You can view the full Nstar Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV