Aeroflex Holding (ARX) gets a $14 price target from Goldman, a 61% premium to its current price.
The company makes sophisticated components used in wireless-communications systems. It's a volatile stock, losing 47% this year and 40% over the past 12 months.But Goldman analysts say part of its potential is as a takeover target. "We maintain our (conviction list-buy) rating as we expect strong growth in 4G wireless to drive results for Aeroflex's test division and make the company an even more attractive (merger and acquisitions) target." The analysts add that "management noted that several companies are considering Aeroflex as an merger and acquisitions candidate, and we expect interest to increase next year."
Apple (AAPL), one of the most widely held stocks in the world and maker of the iPad and iPhone, gets a $520 price target from Goldman's analysts, which means a 38% appreciation potential. Despite this stock's great run, up an average of 43% per year over the past 10 years, Goldman analysts still see great value. The firm's analysts write in a recent research note that "we still expect the company to deliver solid December-quarter results, boosted by iPhone sales momentum." They say the company had "a tough miss" in its fiscal quarter ending in September, falling short of analysts' estimates "but (we) expect a sharp holiday snapback. " "Revenues of $28 billion and (earnings) of $7.05 (per share) were below our estimates of $29 billion and $7.30 and consensus of $30 billion and $7.38," said the Goldman research note. "This was an uncommon earnings miss for Apple, which has not missed consensus earnings in years."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV