Tweet this release:
Nov. 28, 2011
Score Media Inc.
(TSX: SCR) today announced a complete redesign of the
App for iPhone and iPod touch that lets you follow your favorite teams and fantasy players in real-time with customizable feeds and one-tap social sharing.
"ScoreMobile is an essential app for sports fans around the world," says
, Vice President, Digital Products, Score Media Inc. "Now fans can take their sports experience to the next level with a uniquely tailored and enhanced user experience for iPhone and iPod touch." Features of the ScoreMobile App include:
- Enriched content: Over 15,000 players, 800 teams and 20 leagues and associations represented
- My Score : A rich personalized view to help you track your favorite teams and players in real-time
- Create a customized scoreboard to track any team or player from any league
- Organize and follow fantasy teams and players in real-time
- Deep dive into player card profiles, which offer season stats, recent performances and photos
- View favorite teams on one page for quick access to upcoming games, injuries, rosters and team news
- Notification Center integration: Access to all of your alerts using this new feature in iOS 5
- One-tap social sharing: Tweet or share on Facebook the latest team news or theScore.com blog posts
- Blogs and video content: The best of theScore.com, including The Basketball Jones, Backhand Shelf, Getting Blanked, and The Footy Blog
The ScoreMobile App is available for free from the App Store on iPhone or iPod touch or at
The app was designed and developed in conjunction with web and mobile development firm and Score Media partner,
About Score Media Inc.
Score Media is a media company committed to delivering interactive and authentic sports entertainment. Score Media's primary asset, theScore Television Network ("theScore"), is a national specialty television service providing sports news, information, highlights and live event programming in more than 6.8 million homes across
. The Company's digital media assets include theScore.com and the industry leading mobile sports applications ScoreMobile, ScoreMobile FC and SportsTap which reach over three million unique users per month. Growing from a team of 60 in 1997 to over 280 employees in 2011, Score Media is a revolutionizing interactive media company.
Certain statements made in this news release constitute forward-looking statements. When used in this news release, the words "anticipate," "believe," "plan," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "will," "may" and "should" and similar expressions, as they relate to Score Media or its management, are intended to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are not historical facts but reflect Score Media's current expectations concerning future results and events, and relate to, among other things, anticipated financial performance, business prospects, strategies, regulatory developments, new services, market forces, commitments and technological developments. By its nature, such forward-looking information is subject to various risks and uncertainties, including risks related to the nature of the specialty service television industry, the regulatory environment, the dependence of Score Media on broadcast distribution undertakings, programming and production costs, general economic conditions, reliance on key personnel, management of growth, competition, Canadian ownership restrictions, Score Media's concentrated shareholder base and others including those discussed in Score Media's annual information form filed with applicable securities regulators and available on the SEDAR website (
), which could cause Score Media's actual results and experience to differ materially from the anticipated results or other expectations expressed in this news release. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on this forward-looking information, and Score Media disclaims any intention or obligation to update publicly or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise unless required to do so by applicable law.
SOURCE Score Media Inc.