Kinder Morgan today announced its preliminary 2012 projections for Kinder Morgan, Inc. (NYSE: KMI), Kinder Morgan Energy Partners, L.P. (NYSE: KMP) and Kinder Morgan Management, LLC (NYSE: KMR).
KMI expects to declare dividends of $1.35 per share for 2012. This represents a 16.4 percent increase over KMI’s 2011 budget target of $1.16 per share and a 13.4 percent increase over the 2011 dividend per share on a declared basis, which is expected to be $1.19. The 2011 per share amounts are presented as if KMI were publicly traded for all of 2011. Note that while KMI previously presented dividends per share on a paid basis, they are now being presented on a declared basis to be consistent with KMP. On a paid basis, KMI’s 2012 expected dividend per share would be $1.29, which is 11.2 percent above the 2011 budgeted amount.
The growth at KMI is being driven by KMP, which currently accounts for approximately 98 percent of the distributions that KMI receives. The KMI projection does not include the impact of the pending acquisition of El Paso Corporation (NYSE: EP), which is expected to close in the second quarter of 2012. The El Paso transaction is expected to be nicely accretive to KMI’s dividend. The company previously announced that if the El Paso transaction were to close on Jan. 1, 2012, then KMI would expect to pay dividends per share of around $1.45 for 2012.
KMP expects to declare cash distributions of $4.98 per unit for 2012, an 8.3 percent increase over its 2011 budget target of $4.60 per unit, which the company stated in October that it expects to exceed. Chairman and CEO Richard D. Kinder said, “KMP’s stable and diversified assets continue to grow and produce incremental cash flow in virtually all types of market conditions. We see exceptional growth opportunities in the midstream energy sector, particularly in the natural gas shale plays and in the coal export business.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV