- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 7.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 7.0%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.38, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $5,999.00 million or 13.94% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow of 13.94%, BERKSHIRE HATHAWAY is in line with the industry average cash flow growth rate of -13.96%.
- The gross profit margin for BERKSHIRE HATHAWAY is rather low; currently it is at 15.20%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the weak results of the gross profit margin, BRK.B's net profit margin of 6.80% is in-line with the industry average.
TheStreet Ratings Top 10 Rating Changes
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.