TORONTO, Nov. 28, 2011 /PRNewswire/ - PetroMagdalena Energy Corp. (TSXV: PMD), a company focused on oil and gas exploration and production in Colombia, today announced an update on its ongoing exploration program.
Luciano Biondi, Chief Executive Officer, commented: "We are pleased with the momentum we have achieved with our exploration program, which we fully intend on continuing into 2012. The testing for the Yaraqui-1X well in the Topoyaco block has been prepared and operations are ongoing, and the new discovery at our light oil field, Petirrojo, although still at early stages, shows great promise, with the Petirrojo-2 well being tested and the Petirrojo-3ST completion to follow."
In the Yaraqui-1X exploration well, a seven inch liner was successfully cemented from 8,356 feet MD to 10,643 feet MD last week and the first test, which is being conducted in the Villeta formation, has begun. Results of this test will be announced when completed. Four intervals in total are to be tested, three in the Villeta formation and one in the Neme sand of the Lower Rumiyaco formation.Petirrojo Field (Cubiro Block B) The Petirrojo-2 development well will be completed in two sands, the Carbonera C-7A (8 feet of net pay) and C-7B (23 feet of net pay). Initial testing of the well is currently being conducted, the results of which will be provided when completed. The Petirrojo-3ST development well has also been drilled and cased. A workover rig will move in after the completion of the Petirrojo-2 well and the drilling rig is moved off location. The Petirrojo-3ST well will also be completed in the Carbonera formation, C-7A and C-7B sands, with 8 and 21 net feet of net pay respectively. The Petirrojo-1X well is currently producing at a stable rate of 1,002 bopd, with 67% water cut from Carbonera C-7 with an electrical submersible pump.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV