Maui Land & Pineapple Company Inc. Stock Downgraded (MLP)
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Management & Development industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 106.7% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $20.03 million to -$1.34 million.
- The gross profit margin for MAUI LAND & PINEAPPLE CO is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 28.80%. Regardless of MLP's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, MLP's net profit margin of -39.70% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 24.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 12.4%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- Even though the debt-to-equity ratio shows mixed results, the company's quick ratio of 0.14 is very low and demonstrates very weak liquidity.
- Compared to where it was trading a year ago, MLP's share price has not changed very much due to (a) the relatively weak year-over-year performance of the overall market, (b) the company's stagnant earnings, and (c) other mixed results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, we do not believe this stock offers ample reward opportunity to compensate for the risks, despite the fact that it rose over the past year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV