White Truffle Has Chefs Salivating
LAS VEGAS ( MainStreet) -- Would you pay thousands of dollars for a pound of mushrooms? Maybe not, but white truffles, those very 'shrooms that cost $2,000 a pound or more, have chefs across the country salivating.
TravelsinTaste spoke to many chefs about their use of the diamond of the culinary world, and Shaun Hergatt of SHO Shaun Hergatt in New York hit the nail right on the head when he told us: "White truffle is like gold out of the ground. They are a true pleasure to eat, from aroma to taste. They're such a unique experience. We all lust for that two months when they blossom."
More From TravelsinTaste
|CUT: A Cut Above the Rest|
|SHO Shaun Hergatt: The Financial District Finally Gets Fine Dining Right|
|New York's Best Seafood, Courtesy of New York's Best Chef: James Beard Award Winner Eric Ripert|
Read on for some of the country's best uses of the luxury ingredient.In Las Vegas Restaurant Guy Savoy at Caesars Palace acquired a 1.16-pound white truffle. Picked by a 15-year-old boy, Luigi, after it was found by his hound dog Coco next to a hazel tree In Piedmont, Italy, the truffle cost between $5,000 and $7,000. The restaurant is expecting to make 100 white truffle risotto dishes with it. Celebrity hot spot Lavo in the Palazzo is serving a homemade fettuccine with white truffle in a classic butter and parmigiano sauce with shaved white truffle on top. Guests can also add the delicacy to any dish for $69. Lavo's executive chef, Massimiliano Campanari, is to personally shave the white truffles tableside.
|Restaurant Guy Savoy has acquired a 1.16-pound white truffle.|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV