Virgin America Elevate
Fliers fed up with fees who can still remember when flying was a luxury are flocking to airline perks programs to get that "friendly skies" feeling again.
The ranks of airline rewards seekers have grown 17% from little more than 277.4 million in 2008 to 325 million today. Take it all the way back to 2006 and loyalty program membership has soared 28% since that time.
Bigger airlines may have VIP lounges and smaller outfits offer low-cost upgrades, but if you're lucky enough to live in a Virgin America destination, you can get a free flight for as spending as little as $500 -- a pittance to a holiday flier. More importantly, Virgin Atlantic vows that said flight won't be subject to blackout days and keeps that claim free of the nasty little asterisks that can muck up an otherwise fine offer.Perhaps the best part is that, much as with other airlines, fliers don't have to actually fly to earn their Virgin America points. The airline converts American Express (AXP) Membership Rewards points, tacks on points for stays at Hilton, Morgans Hotel Group (MHGC) and Wynn (WYNN) hotels and gives away points for flower purchases at FTD.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV