Grupo Televisa S.A (TV) pushed the Media industry lower today making it today's featured Media loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.9%. By the end of trading, Grupo Televisa S.A fell 27 cents (-1.4%) to $18.70 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1.1 million shares of Grupo Televisa S.A exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.7 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $18.60-$19.20 after having opened the day at $18.88 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $18.97. Other company's within the Media industry that declined today were: Saga Communications Inc (SGA), down 11.3%, SearchMedia Holdings (IDI), down 9.8%, Seven Arts Entertainment Inc (SAPX), down 9.5%, and China Mass Media (CMM), down 8.5%. Grupo Televisa, S.A.B., together with its subsidiaries, operates as a media company in Mexico and internationally. It operates in seven segments: Television Broadcasting, Pay Television Networks, Programming Exports, Publishing, Sky, Cable and Telecom, and Other Businesses. Grupo Televisa S.A has a market cap of $11.06 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 21.2, above the average media industry P/E ratio of 20.6 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 26.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Grupo Televisa as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and reasonable valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, unimpressive growth in net income and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share.
- You can view the full Grupo Televisa Ratings Report.
- Use our media section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about TV
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV