Cemex S.A.B. de C.V (CX) pushed the Materials & Construction industry lower today making it today's featured Materials & Construction loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.2%. By the end of trading, Cemex S.A.B. de C.V fell 28 cents (-7.5%) to $3.48 on light volume. Throughout the day, 9.5 million shares of Cemex S.A.B. de C.V exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 16.4 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $3.44-$3.82 after having opened the day at $3.76 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $3.76. Other company's within the Materials & Construction industry that declined today were: Guanwei Recycling (GPRC), down 9.5%, Jewett-Cameron Trading Company (JCTCF), down 9.2%, WCA Waste Corporation (WCAA), down 8.3%, and American Woodmark Corporation (AMWD), down 6.1%. CEMEX, S.A.B. de C.V., through its subsidiaries, engages in the production, marketing, distribution, and sale of cement, ready-mix concrete, aggregates, and other construction materials worldwide. Cemex S.A.B. de C.V has a market cap of $4.28 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. Shares are down 64.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Cemex S.A.B. de C.V as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, generally weak debt management, disappointing return on equity, generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself and feeble growth in its earnings per share.
- You can view the full Cemex S.A.B. de C.V Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about CX
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV