BRF - Brasil Foods SA (BRFS): Today's Featured Consumer Goods Winner
BRF - Brasil Foods (BRFS) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, BRF - Brasil Foods rose 49 cents (2.7%) to $18.83 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1.1 million shares of BRF - Brasil Foods exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of two million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $18.33-$18.86 after having opened the day at $18.39 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $18.34. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: Physicians Formula Holdings Inc (FACE), up 15.6%, Global-Tech Advanced Innovations Inc (GAI), up 11.6%, SGOCO Group (SGOC), up 8.9%, and Castle Brands Incorporated (ROX), up 8.7%. BRF - Brasil Foods S.A., through its subsidiaries, produces and sells poultry, pork, beef cuts, milk, dairy products, and processed food products in Brazil and internationally. BRF - Brasil Foods has a market cap of $16.41 billion and is part of the food & beverage industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 37.4, above the average food & beverage industry P/E ratio of 16.2 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 8.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates BRF - Brasil as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full BRF - Brasil Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV