Ancestry.com Inc. (ACOM): Today's Featured Internet Winner
Ancestry.com Inc (ACOM) pushed the Internet industry higher today making it today's featured internet winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.7%. By the end of trading, Ancestry.com Inc rose 18 cents (0.8%) to $22.36 on light volume. Throughout the day, 245,571 shares of Ancestry.com Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.1 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $21.81-$22.65 after having opened the day at $22.12 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $22.18. Other companies within the Internet industry that increased today were: Banks.com Inc (BNX), up 16.4%, Youku.com Inc (YOKU), up 7.2%, Vetro Inc (VTRO), up 4.6%, and Local.com Corporation (LOCM), up 4.2%. Ancestry.Com Inc. operates as an online resource for family history for subscribers worldwide. Ancestry.com Inc has a market cap of $1.01 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 19.1, below the average internet industry P/E ratio of 19.6 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 21.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Ancestry.com as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's return on equity has been disappointing.
- You can view the full Ancestry.com Ratings Report.
- Use our internet section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV