Note: Total return data includes reinvested dividends and is measured from the date of original publication to the closing price on Nov. 22, 2011.
Tickers: JNJ IBM XOM MMM BA UTX DD KO
Portfolio Performance (dividends reinvested): 14.85%The 20 Best Performing Stocks (dividends reinvested): 18.65% 30 Stocks, Equally-Weighted (dividends reinvested): 7.02% Dow Jones Industrial Average ETF (dividends reinvested): 12.21% Analysis: Pretty good. These eight stocks outperformed the Dow Jones benchmark ETF despite a negative return from 3M and poor showings from Johnson & Johnson and Boeing. IBM powered the returns of the portfolio, and -- as the largest component of the Dow -- the benchmark ETF. Alas, the portfolio fell short of its stated goal: to outperform the Dow's 20 best stocks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV