Liability Adjusted Cash Flow Yield: 6.9%
Dividend Yield: 1.78%
LACFY/10-Year Treasury Yield: 3.33Return on Invested Capital: 33% Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) is a really tough company to like. But for all its drama, shares of HP have appreciated over the last decade and the stock is one of the cheapest in the Dow. That said, there are myriad questions for potential investors: How will the company reinvent itself -- again? Will new management stop financial health metrics (current ratio/quick ratio) from deteriorating? Is the Board of Directors competent? Will executive compensation issues continue to plague shareholders? Even if all of these questions have satisfying answers/conclusions, HP has been a really lousy dividend stock. In the last 12 months the company has used roughly 17 times the capital to repurchase shares than to pay distributions. For buy and hold investors, that just sucks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV