NEW YORK (AP) â¿¿ Commodity risk management firm and securities broker INTL FCStone Inc. said Friday that its European subsidiary has agreed to buy the metals division of MF Global UK Ltd.
The division has more than 50 people based in London, New York, Hong Kong and Sydney.
The head of the division, Fred Demler, will run the company's global metals London Metal Exchange futures and derivatives business.
Terms of the deal were not disclosed.MF Global collapsed after making a disastrous bet on European debt. It filed for U.S. bankruptcy protection on Oct. 31.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV