NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Here are five ETFs to watch this week.
iShares MSCI Canada Index Fund (EWC)
Sprinkled across the latter half of this week's earnings calendar are a handful of top Canadian banks. EWC, which sets aside nearly one-third of its index to the financial sector, will be heavily influenced by the performances and outlooks from institutions including the Royal Bank of Canada (RY), Toronto-Dominion Bank (TD), Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS) and Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (CM).
Canada's markets have lagged compared to the U.S., as indicated by EWC's performance against the SDPR S&P 500 ETF (SPY). Against fellow international developed markets, however, it has noticeably outperform over the past month.Consumer Staples Select Sector SPDR (XLP) With the start of the holiday shopping season, investors looking for exposure to consumers may be immediately drawn to discretionary stocks. However, in the face of the choppy action over the past few weeks, staples have proven to be a more reliable destination. Last week,
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV