Royce Micro-Cap Trust, Inc. has declared a cash dividend of $0.375 per share on its Cumulative Preferred Stock, based on an annual rate of 6.00% of the initial liquidation preference of $25.00 per share. The dividend is to be paid on December 23, 2011 to stockholders of record at the close of business on December 6, 2011 (ex-dividend on December 2, 2011).
The Preferred Stock, which trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "RMT.pra", is rated 'aaa' by Moody’s and has an annual dividend rate of $1.50 per share.
For Federal income tax purposes, approximately 74% of the 2011 distributions will be characterized as long-term capital gains and 26% as qualified dividend income. Treatment of a portion of the dividends as qualified dividend income or long-term capital gains has the effect of providing individual preferred stockholders with a higher ordinary income tax-equivalent yield. Final characterization will be determined at year-end and reported on 1099s.
Royce Micro-Cap Trust, Inc. is a closed-end diversified management investment company whose shares of Common Stock (NYSE-RMT) and Preferred Stock are listed and traded on the New York Stock Exchange. The Fund's investment goal is long-term capital growth, which it seeks by investing primarily in equity securities of companies that, at the time of investment, have market capitalizations of $500 million or less.For further information on The Royce Funds sm, please visit our web site at: www.roycefunds.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV