Optimer Pharmaceuticals Inc. (OPTR): Today's Featured Health Care Winner
Optimer Pharmaceuticals Inc (OPTR) pushed the Health Care sector higher today making it today's featured health care winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 2.5%. By the end of trading, Optimer Pharmaceuticals Inc rose 39 cents (3.8%) to $10.60 on light volume. Throughout the day, 817,168 shares of Optimer Pharmaceuticals Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.4 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $10.07-$10.90 after having opened the day at $10.17 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $10.21. Other companies within the Health Care sector that increased today were: Transcept Pharmaceuticals Inc (TSPT), up 11%, Cormedix Inc (CRMD), up 9.6%, China Cord Blood Corporation (CO), up 9.4%, and Inhibitex Inc (INHX), up 9.2%. Optimer Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on discovering, developing, and commercializing hospital specialty products worldwide. It develops products that treat gastrointestinal infections and related diseases. Optimer Pharmaceuticals Inc has a market cap of $485.6 million and is part of the drugs industry. Shares are down 9.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Optimer as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its unimpressive growth in net income and weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Optimer Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV