NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Happy Thanksgiving to Five Dumbest fans everywhere. We here at The Five Dumbest Lab certainly have a lot to feel thankful for, especially all those turkeys on Wall Street who continue to astonish and amuse us every week.
To show our heartfelt appreciation for all that inanity, we offer you The Five Dumbest Thanksgiving Quiz, recapping Wall Street's biggest flops this fall. Answering correctly could win you an autographed copy of Jim Cramer's Getting Back To Even and a handful of those squishy bulls he throws around the Mad Money set.
Enter by midnight Wednesday, Nov. 30, by emailing your answers here with the words "Contest Entry" in the subject line. We'll rerun the column Friday, Dec. 2, with the answers and the name of the winner. If there is more than one correct entry, we'll have a drawing, of course.
Good luck and Happy holidays!
1. In early September, Dendreon (DNDN) CEO Mitchell Gold announced he was laying off about a quarter of the biotech company's workforce to reduce expenses in the face of less-than-expected sales of prostate cancer treatment Provenge. Among those sent packing was the company's chief marketing officer, who Gold specifically hired from Bayer the prior year for his marketing prowess. What was his name? A. Jim King B. Frank Knight C. Hal Castle D. Hans Bishop
2. Shares of Jinko Solar (JKS) got dumped in mid-September, losing almost 30% after the photovoltaic cell-maker got busted for doing what? A. Dumping toxic waste into a Shanghai river B. Dumping points in the Chinese corporate basketball league C. Pumping and dumping its own stock D. All the dumping above
3. A rogue trader was unearthed at UBS (UBS) in September and was reported to have lost the bank $2.3 billion. And if that wasn't bad enough, what did UBS CEO Oswald Gruebel tell analysts about his bank's risk management only three months before the jaw-dropping loss was discovered? A. "Risk? We don't got no stinking risk!" B. "We have no undue risk in our positions." C. "Risk is my favorite game. Especially when I move troops into Siam." D. "No Roger, no Rerun, no risk."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV