Rapper MC Hammer is an angel investor, social media guru and early adopter of now ubiquitous tech start-ups.
One of the first users of both Twitter and YouTube, Hammer has been called "a tech visionary" by close friend and legendary angel investor Ron Conway.He's an investor in buzzy mobile payments company Square, dance-oriented social network DanceJam as well as Bump Technologies, which lets users share contact information by bumping their smartphones together. Last month, Hammer also announced WireDoo, a so-called relational search engine that he's involved with. --Written by Olivia Oran in New York.
>To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/Ozoran. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV