Rapper Kanye West is a rumored investor in music start-up Turntable.fm, which raised $7 million this summer.
The company lets users discover music by placing them in a virtual DJ room in which they can rate songs up or down. Popular rooms include: "Indie While You Work," "I Love the 80s," and "DJ Wooooo's House/Dance/Electro."
As of September, the site had more than 600,000 users and streamed 1 million songs a day.One of the most buzzed about start-ups of the year, Turntable also gave a board seat to high-profile venture capitalist Fred Wilson of Union Square Ventures as part of the investment.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV