NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- As the market for tech start-ups continues to heat up, celebrities are starting to get into the game.
While some like Two and a Half Men star Ashton Kutcher are well-known for investments in high-profile companies like Foursquare, Airbnb and Chegg, other tech-savvy celebs are more surprising.
Here are six stars looking to dip their toes into Silicon Valley.
Disney star Selena Gomez recently participated in a $750,000 funding round for a new app called Postcard on the Run. The service lets users print out and send photos to friends and family using their iOS or Android phone.
Postcard on the Run, which competes with apps like Postagram and Apple's (AAPL) Cards, recently added a new feature that lets users add scratch n' sniff scents like fresh flowers, bubble gum and popcorn to their postcards for an additional 50 cents.
While new to tech investing, Gomez is powerful within the social media sphere. She boasts more than 8.5 million Twitter followers and nearly 25 million Facebook fans. She will also serve as a creative adviser to Postcard on the Run.Gomez may have also inspired boyfriend Justin Bieber to consider tech investing -- the pop sensation is reportedly looking to become an angel investor in early start-ups.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV