Even in the initial aftermath, the investor expressed confidence in the nation's ability to bounce back. In my piece, "Buffett Keen on Japan", I explained how Buffett found the post-disaster Japanese downturn to be an attractive investing opportunity. The billionaire's remarks mimic those he presented in his now-famous financial-crisis-era New York Times op-ed piece, "Buy America. I Am."
Economic crises are not dissuading the investor, either. In an interview with CNBC this week, the investor explained that while he is avoiding European debt at this time, there are a handful of companies in the troubled region he has on the radar.
Whether Warren Buffett decides to fire his elephant gun here in the U.S. or somewhere abroad, what has becoming increasingly clear in recent days is that, despite looming headwinds and soured sentiment, the world famous investor sees the current market environment as an attractive buying opportunity. Looking ahead, it will be exciting to see where he heads next.
Has Buffett's recent spending spree impacted your own views on the global marketplace? Feel free to leave a comment in space below.Written by Don Dion in Williamstown, Mass.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV