NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- "Our elephant gun has been reloaded, and my trigger finger is itchy": Warren Buffett (2011 Berkshire Hathaway letter to shareholders).
With names including Lubrizol and Wesco Financial now decorating the Berkshire Hathaway trophy room, it has clearly been an active year for Warren Buffett in terms of acquisitions. The billionaire has indicated, however, that it is not quite time to hang up the elephant gun.
Bloomberg, the famed investor explained that he would be open to spending $10 billion if an attractive acquisition target presents itself. This remark comes just days after the learning that, in the third quarter, the investor put nearly
Given the size of his wealth, his investing track record, and his charisma, it is no wonder that analysts, market commentators, and fans spend a great deal of time trying to determine where next the investor will take aim.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV