NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- "Our elephant gun has been reloaded, and my trigger finger is itchy": Warren Buffett (2011 Berkshire Hathaway letter to shareholders).
With names including Lubrizol and Wesco Financial now decorating the Berkshire Hathaway trophy room, it has clearly been an active year for Warren Buffett in terms of acquisitions. The billionaire has indicated, however, that it is not quite time to hang up the elephant gun.
Speaking with Bloomberg, the famed investor explained that he would be open to spending $10 billion if an attractive acquisition target presents itself. This remark comes just days after the learning that, in the third quarter, the investor put nearly $24 billion to work -- his largest cash expenditure in more than a decade. This shopping spree included a staggering $10 billion investment in International Business Machines (IBM).
Given the size of his wealth, his investing track record, and his charisma, it is no wonder that analysts, market commentators, and fans spend a great deal of time trying to determine where next the investor will take aim.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV