A stock in the biotechnology and drugs complex whose insiders have bought up a lot of shares is Halozyme Therapeutics (HALO), which is engaged in the development and commercialization of recombinant human enzymes that either transiently modify tissue under the skin to facilitate injection of other therapies or correct diseased tissue structures for clinical benefit. This stock hasn't done much in 2011, with shares up just 3%.
Halozyme Therapeutics has a market cap of $842.38 million and an enterprise value of $776.05 million. Its estimated growth rate for this year is 71.4%, and for next year it's pegged at -187.5%. This is a cash-rich company, since its total cash position is $66.33 million and its total debt is zero.A beneficial owner and director just bought 638,224 shares, or about $5.2 million worth of stock, at $8.13 to $8.19 per share. This same director also bought around $5.9 million worth of stock in early August between $5.88 and $6.13 per share. >>13 Biotech Stocks Bought and Sold by Hedge Funds From a technical standpoint, this stock is currently trading above both its 50-day and 200-day moving averages, which I bullish. This stock recently gapped up on monster volume from around $6 to over $7.50 a share. After that gap up, the stock has started to trade inside of a sideways trading pattern between $9 and $7.83 a share. If you're bullish on this stock, I would look to buy some shares near the bottom of that range at let's say around $8 a share. I would use a tight mental stop just below the 50-day moving average of $7.29. I would then look to add aggressively to any long position if this stock breaks out above $9.04 and $9.11 a share on high volume. Look for volume that's tracking in close to or above its three-month average action of 659,586 shares.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV