Governor Corbett Signs Execution Warrant For Allegheny County Killer
HARRISBURG, Pa., Nov. 23, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Governor Tom Corbett signed an execution warrant Tuesday for Kenneth Hairston, who was sentenced to death for killing his wife and autistic teenage son.
Hairston, formerly of Allegheny County, was convicted of two counts of first-degree murder for the death of his wife, Katherine, and their son, 14-year-old Sean, in June 2001. Following the trial in 2002, the jury sentenced Hairston to death.
Firefighters found the two badly beaten victims inside the family's smoke-filled home. Mrs. Hairston was pronounced dead at the scene and Sean died a short time later at the hospital.
Hairston, who was also rescued from the burning home, later confessed to beating his wife and son with a sledgehammer and then setting the house on fire.Hairston, now 60, is a prisoner at the State Correctional Institution at Greene. His execution by lethal injection is scheduled for Jan. 18, 2012. This warrant, one of two signed Tuesday, is Corbett's 10th execution warrant. Media contact: Janet Kelley, 717-783-1116 SOURCE Pennsylvania Office of the Governor
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV