Wednesday is Domino's (DPZ) Black Friday. The pizza chain is gearing up for what is one of the company's five biggest days of the year and sometimes winds up in the top three slot. "Behind the super bowl, the day before Thanksgiving is a day we circle on the calendar," said Chris Brandon, a spokesman for Domino's Pizza.
Domino's stocks up on pizza ingredients and ramps up staffing in order to be prepared for the big day. "We want to be prepared to give our customers the service they expect," said Brandon. He expects the company to sell 1.1 million pizzas in one day. Families are either too overwhelmed with trying to prepare for the feast that they can't make dinner or they just need to keep the kitchen clear as they prepare dishes in advance. Plus, the leftovers can make for a great midnight snack or breakfast if hungry family members get shooed out of the kitchen.
Domino's is also using the big event as a way to launch new products. This year it is promoting new stuffed bread appropriately called "Stuffed Cheesy Bread." The stock is certainly stuffing portfolios with profits. It is up a whopping 119% for the past year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV