Corzine to Face Congress Over MF Global Collapse
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Former MF Global (MFGLQ.PK) CEO Jon Corzine has been called to testify in front of the House Financial Services Committee on what went wrong at the brokerage firm which filed for bankruptcy last month.
Corzine will appear in front of the Oversight and Investigations Subcommittee on Dec.15. the subcommittee will focus on the "decisions and events leading to the collapse of MF Global, the effectiveness of regulators in overseeing MF Global's activities, and the impact MF Global's bankruptcy will have on its customers," according to a release by the committee.
The trustee in charge of liquidating MF Global said on Monday that the amount of customer money that is missing might touch $1.2 billion, double the original amount estimated.
--Written by Shanthi Bharatwaj in New York
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Shanthi Bharatwaj.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV