Corzine to Face Congress Over MF Global Collapse
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Former MF Global (MFGLQ.PK) CEO Jon Corzine has been called to testify in front of the House Financial Services Committee on what went wrong at the brokerage firm which filed for bankruptcy last month.
Corzine will appear in front of the Oversight and Investigations Subcommittee on Dec.15. the subcommittee will focus on the "decisions and events leading to the collapse of MF Global, the effectiveness of regulators in overseeing MF Global's activities, and the impact MF Global's bankruptcy will have on its customers," according to a release by the committee.
The trustee in charge of liquidating MF Global said on Monday that the amount of customer money that is missing might touch $1.2 billion, double the original amount estimated.
--Written by Shanthi Bharatwaj in New York
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Shanthi Bharatwaj.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV