Rigrodsky & Long, P.A. announces that it has filed a class action lawsuit in the United States District Court for the Northern District of California on behalf of all persons or entities who purchased or otherwise acquired the stock of Diamond Foods, Inc. (“Diamond Foods” or the “Company”) (Nasdaq: DMND) between December 9, 2010 and November 4, 2011, inclusive (the “Class Period”), alleging violations of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 (the “Complaint”). The case is entitled MacFarland v. Diamond Foods, Inc., Case No. C-11-05615-EJD (N.D. Cal.).
If you wish to view a copy of the Complaint, to discuss this action or have any questions concerning this notice or your rights or interests, please contact Timothy J. MacFall, Esquire or Noah R. Wortman, Case Development Director of Rigrodsky & Long, P.A., 919 North Market Street, Suite 980 Wilmington, Delaware, 19801 at (888) 969-4242, by e-mail to email@example.com, or at: http://www.rigrodskylong.com/news/Diamond-Foods-Class-Action.
Diamond Foods, engages in processing, marketing, and distributing snack products. The Company also offers culinary, in-shell, and ingredient nuts under the Diamond of California brand name. Diamond Foods enters into exclusive purchase agreements with walnut growers for their crops. According to the Company, under these agreements, the walnut growers deliver their entire walnut crop to the Company during the fall harvest season and the Company then determines the minimum price for the crops by March 31, or later, of the following calendar year. The Company represents that it determines the purchase price in good faith, taking into account market conditions, crop size, quality, and nut varieties, among other relevant factors. Since the ultimate price to be paid by the Company to the walnut growers is determined subsequent to receiving the walnut crop, the Company estimates the cost of the walnuts for its interim financial statements.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV