Fusion-io, which makes products that improve data center efficiency, scored big in its June IPO.The company, whose biggest customer is Facebook, priced its offering at $19, north of its projected range of $16 to $18 a share. Shares closed Friday at $29.33. In its most recently quarter, ended in September, the company reported revenue of $75 million, almost double its sales from the same period last year. Earlier in November, Fusion-io said it will offer 3 million common shares as part of a secondary offering. In a previous article, Jonas Elmerraji pointed to Fusion-io's potential to get squeezed higher due to its short interest, writing that the company "has been generating consistent growth and admirable profitability in the last few years -- and its offering left it with a massive hoard of cash and no debt. The huge percentage of FIO's equity float that's currently short provides an excellent catalyst for a meaningful short squeeze."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV