NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, the world's busiest airport, expects 1.7 million passengers to travel this holiday season, or a 3% increase in bookings, vs. the same period last year. Airports may see a daily average of 54,000 to 57,000 passengers during the holiday period starting Nov. 22 through Nov. 28, topping the daily average of 30,000 to 40,000 on regular days, based on data.
Thanksgiving holiday travel is less expensive than other travel holidays because of the advantage of travelling in large groups, according to AAA Auto Club South. Automobile travel during the period is expected to increase 4% this year from last year.
A rise in the travel statistics would drive hotel and resort bookings during the Thanksgiving-week travel. Online booking of hotels and tickets is expected to soar this year compared to last year.
Based on latest quarterly results and analysts' recommendations, these five stocks have potential upsides ranging from 16% to 43%. On average, 72% of analysts from a Bloomberg consensus have buy recommendations on these stocks.The stocks are listed in ascending order of upside potential.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV