NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- "Things are bad here, but they're worse over there," Jim Cramer told his "Mad Money" TV show viewers Monday as he admitted that the deteriorating situation in Europe now "has him worried."
And with the U.S. congressional super committee now admitting defeat, Cramer said it's clearly apparent that our lawmakers, along with the leaders in Europe, "live in a different universe" than the rest of us.Cramer said the European leaders still seem to be worried about inflation, when they should be worried about the severe recession and possible depression that's rapidly heading their way. He said the European central bank has yet to roll back its latest interest rate hikes, and with Germany becoming less and less likely to bail out anyone, the entire European union may be in jeopardy. While the situation remains fluid, Cramer said that he's been forced to reduce his estimate for the chances of a European debt deal from 80% just a few days ago, to less than 50% today. He once again warned investors that the high-multiple stocks will continue to contract and they absolutely must stay away from all financial stocks for the time being. "Europe's headed for their 2008 moment," declared Cramer. Our only hope, he said, is that something really bad happens to wake up those in charge.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV