Janus Capital Group Inc (JNS) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.9%. By the end of trading, Janus Capital Group Inc rose 12 cents (2%) to $6.20 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 10.1 million shares of Janus Capital Group Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.6 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $5.82-$6.28 after having opened the day at $5.84 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $6.08. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: Princeton National Bancorp Inc (PNBC), up 31.7%, Penson Worldwide Inc (PNSN), up 19.4%, Supertel Hospitality Inc (SPPR), up 18.1%, and Southern Connecticut Bancorp (SSE), up 15.3%. Janus Capital Group, Inc. is a publicly owned asset management holding company with approximately $167.7 billion in assets under management. It also provides retirement planning, investment planning, tax planning, investment for college, and tax planning services to its clients. Janus Capital Group Inc has a market cap of $1.13 billion and is part of the financial services industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 6.4, equal to the average financial services industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 53.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Janus Capital Group as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including weak operating cash flow, a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself and poor profit margins.
- You can view the full Janus Capital Group Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about JNS
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV