United Bankshares, Inc. (NASDAQ: UBSI) today announced that its Board of Directors declared a fourth quarter dividend of $0.31 per share for shareholders of record as of December 9, 2011. Dividends per share of $1.21 for the year 2011 represents an increase over the $1.20 per share paid for the year of 2010. The dividend payout of approximately $15.6 million on 50.2 million shares is payable January 3, 2012.
The year 2011 marks the 38th consecutive year of dividend increases to United shareholders. During this 38 year period, the dividend has increased from $0.06 to $1.21, which represents an annual compound growth rate over 9%.
United has consolidated assets of approximately $8.6 billion with 126 full service offices in West Virginia, Virginia, Maryland, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Washington, D.C. United Bankshares stock is traded on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the quotation symbol "
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV