American Electric Technologies
American Electric Technologies (AETI) is a provider of electrical products and services to the Gulf Coast marine and industrial markets. This stock is trading up 0.25% at $3.99 in recent trading after hitting a 52-week high of $4.00 earlier in the day.
Today's Range: $3.85-$4.0052-week Range: $1.90-$4.00 Volume: 8,725 Three-Month Average Volume: 5,518 American Electric Technologies has a market cap of $31.22 million and an enterprise value of $34.53 million. The stock trades at a price-to-sales of 0.65 and a price-to-book of 1.38. The current short interest as a percentage of the float for American Electric Technologies is very low at just 0.2%. From a technical standpoint, this stock is triggering a breakout today now that shares have started to move above some past overhead resistance at $3.79 on above-average volume. That said, this is another very thinly traded stock since only around 5,000 shares trade on an average day. If the stock can manage to close over $3.79, then shares set up to trade back toward its next significant overhead resistance level near $6. This is not a name I would play, however, due to the lack of volume. For more stocks hitting new 52-week highs today, visit the 52-Week Highs Portfolio. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook. At the time of publication, author has no positions in stocks mentioned. Roberto Pedone, based out of Windermere, Fla., is an independent trader who focuses on stocks, options, futures, commodities and currencies. He is also an outside contributor to Beconequity.com and maintains the website Maddmoney.net, which he sold to Blue Wave Advisors in 2008. Roberto studied International Business at The Milwaukee School of Engineering, and he spent a year overseas studying business in Lubeck, Germany.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV