Inhibitex (INHX) is focused on the development of differentiated anti-infective products to prevent or treat serious infections. This stock is trading up 18% to $10.53 in recent trading, after it hit a 52-week high of $11.98 earlier today.
Today's Range: $11.10-$11.9852-week Range: $2.00-$11.98 Volume: 7,000,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 1,419,000 Inhibitex has a market cap of $896.45 million and an enterprise value of $646.86 million. Its estimated growth rate for this year is 5.4%, and for next year it's pegged at -5.7%. The current short interest as a percentage of the float for Inhibitex is 3.4%. This stock is soaring higher today as traders jamp into any stock with exposure to hepatitis C treatments after Gilead Sciences struck a deal to buy Pharmasset for $11 billion. Inhibitex is currently developing hepatitis C medicines. From a technical standpoint, this stock is gapping up and breaking out above some past overhead resistance at $10.60 today on high volume. If this stock can manage to close above $10.60 and near its daily high of $11.98, then traders should look for continued upside. That said, if INHX closes below $10.60, then I would expect to see the gap higher today get filled in the near future back toward $8.50. Inhibitex shows up on a recent list of 13 Biotech Stocks Bought and Sold by Hedge Funds.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV