2. Flushing Financial Corp.
Shares of Flushing Financial Corp. (FFIC) of Lake Success, N.Y., closed at $12.31 Friday, declining 9% year-to-date. Based on a quarterly payout of 13 cents, the shares have a dividend yield of 4.22%.
The company had $4.3 billion in total assets as of Sept. 30, with 17 branches in New York City and in Nassau County, on Long Island.Flushing on Sept. 28 announced a new repurchase plan, authorizing buybacks of a million common shares, after completing a previous buyback plan during the third quarter. Third-quarter net income was $10.2 million, or 33 cents a share, increasing from $9.1 million, or 29 cents a share, during the second quarter, but declining from $14.6 million, or 48 cents a share, during the third quarter of 2010. The provision for loan losses was $5 million during all three periods. The year-over-year earnings declined reflected a net tax benefit of $5.5 million, or 18 cents a share ,during the third quarter of 2010. The third-quarter net interest margin was 3.60%, increasing from $3.56% a year earlier. The third-quarter ROA was 0.94%, according to SNL Financial. Guggenheim Securities analyst David Darst on Oct. 31 reiterated his buy rating for Flushing Financial, with a $15 price target, saying that key catalysts for the shares in 2012 include "consistent earning contribution from a stable [net interest margin]," improved loan growth and declining credit costs, as problem loans "work through the foreclosure process." The shares trade for 9.7 times the consensus 2012 EPS estimate of $1.26, among analysts polled by FactSet, and just under tangible book value, according to SNL. Four out of six analysts covering Flushing Financial Corp. rate the shares a buy. The remaining analysts both have neutral ratings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV