Every REIT must pass these four tests annually in order to retain its special tax status:
- “The REIT must distribute at least 90 percent of its annual taxable income, excluding capital gains, as dividends to its shareholders.
- The REIT must have at least 75 percent of its assets invested in real estate, mortgage loans, shares in other REITs, cash, or government securities.
- The REIT must derive at least 75 percent of its gross income from rents, mortgage interest, or gains from the sale of real property. At least 95 percent must come from these sources, together with dividends, interest and gains from securities sales.
- The REIT must have at least 100 shareholders and must have less than 50 percent of the outstanding shares concentrated in the hands of five or fewer shareholders.”
About American Spectrum Realty, Inc.
American Spectrum Realty, Inc. is a real estate investment company that owns, through its operating partnership, interest in office, industrial, self storage, retail properties, and apartments throughout the United States. The company has been publicly traded since 2001. American Spectrum Realty Management, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Company’s operating partnership that manages and leases all properties owned by American Spectrum Realty, Inc. as well as third-party clients.
ASRM provides first-class management and leasing services for over 115 office, industrial, retail, self-storage, and multi-family properties, totaling over 15 million square feet in 18 states.Certain matters discussed in this release are forward-looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those projected including the risks and uncertainties of acquiring, owning, operating and disposing of real estate. Such risks and uncertainties are disclosed in the Company’s past and current filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV