SUWANEE, Ga., Nov. 21, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- ARRIS Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:ARRS) today announced that it has completed its tender offer for all outstanding shares of common stock of BigBand Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ:BBND). The tender offer expired at midnight on November 18, 2011. A total of 67,103,577 shares of BigBand common stock were validly tendered and not withdrawn in the tender offer (including 728,324 shares tendered through notices of guaranteed delivery), representing approximately 92.5% of the outstanding shares on a diluted basis.
Pursuant to the Agreement and Plan of Merger signed on October 10, 2011, ARRIS intends to complete today the merger of its wholly owned subsidiary, with and into BigBand. At the effective time of the merger, all outstanding shares of common stock of BigBand (other than the shares held by ARRIS, BigBand or their respective subsidiaries or shares held by BigBand shareholders who have properly exercised their dissenters' rights under Delaware law) will be canceled and converted into the right to receive cash equal to $2.24 per share, without interest and net of applicable withholding taxes. In addition, after the merger, the BigBand common stock will cease to be traded on the NASDAQ Global Select Market."We are pleased to announce the close of our acquisition of BigBand and welcome the talented professionals joining ARRIS around the world. I'd like to thank the BigBand executive team for their support as we planned the integration of the two companies," said Bob Stanzione, ARRIS Chairman & CEO. "The acquisition supports our strategy of expanding our video product suite and investing in the evolution towards network convergence on an all IP platform. This expanded portfolio and access to new market channels will provide greater opportunities to grow our customer base worldwide."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV