BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- It may be a short week, but that's no reason to think that Mr. Market will be short on drama as we approach the Thanksgiving holiday. With Congress' Super Committee not looking so "super" ahead of its Wednesday deadline, new sparks in the Middle East and the all-too-familiar eurozone debt debacle, there are plenty of market-moving headlines to watch out for this week.
And with many traders thinking Turkey rather than tactics, low volume could mean more volatility for stocks. This week, we'll attempt to harness the swings with a new set of five Rocket Stock names.
For the uninitiated, Rocket Stocks are our list of companies with short-term gain catalysts and longer-term growth potential. To find them, I run a weekly quantitative screen that seeks out stocks with a combination of analyst upgrades and positive earnings surprises to identify rising analyst expectations, a bullish signal for stocks in any market. After all, where analysts' expectations are increasing, institutional cash often follows.In the last 129 weeks, our weekly list of five plays has outperformed the S&P 500 by 78.04%. That gives us plenty to be thankful for, even with Turkey Day still a few trading sessions away. With that, here's a look at this week's Rocket Stocks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV