SOCL is a global fund with 37% in China, 26% in the U.S., 19% in Japan, 9.5% in Russia and much smaller weightings in several other countries. The huge weighting in China obviously means the fund owns Chinese Internet stocks that have been trading for many years like Sina (SINA), Tencent Holding (TCEHY) and Netease.com (NTES) which all have 10% weightings in the fund.
The Russian presence is comprised of Mail.RU which provides email and other services and Yandex (YNDX) which offers a search engine in Russia and several other eastern European countries. The U.S. exposure is a mishmash of companies that would be reasonably expected like Groupon (GRPN), Linked In (LNKD) and Pandora (P) (although as one blogger quipped Pandora is just a radio station). But also in the fund is Nutrisystem (NTRI), which, although an odd inclusion might be in the fund for its support and counseling offered to customers. Google (GOOG) is also in the fund -- a legitimate choice in terms of business lines the company is in but perhaps questionable in terms of where the revenue and profit comes from.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV