NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Popular searches on the Internet include Warren Buffett as the billionaire investor arrived on his first visit to Japan Monday, prompting speculation about his plans to invest in the country's stock market.
Buffett had planned to make a trip to Japan this spring, but had been forced to delay the visit after the March earthquake and tsunami. Buffett met with workers from the Fukushima nuclear power plant, which leaked radiation after the natural disasters in March. He posed for pictures with plant workers, holding a sign saying, "Never give up Fukushima!"
Buffett will hold a press briefing after touring the plant. He also visited Tungaloy's plant, which makes car manufacturing tools. Buffett's company bought a 71.5% stake in Tungaloy in 2008.
Buffett maintains that the earthquake and tsunami hasn't changed the fundamentals strengths that lie within the Japanese economy and said he is looking for opportunities there.
Volkswagen is trending as the car company plans to make electric vehicles in China. Starting as early as the end of 2013, Volkswagen may build two electric models with partners in China. The company said it plans to sell more than 2 million cars in China this year and hopes the country will help it become the world's biggest automaker by 2018. VW plans to double its China production capacity by 2015. The company said it expects to outpace the growth in China's car market, which it believes will expand by 8% to 10% in coming years.
Rio de Janeiro is another popular search. The Chevron (CVX) oil spill off the coast of Rio de Janeiro is getting smaller, with surface water oil sheen now down to 18 barrels and no new oil being emitted. Chevron said it will fully clean up the effects of the Nov. 9 spill. It also said that the leak from the undersea well has been plugged and that about 18 vessels were supporting well-plugging operations and oil sheen cleanup.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV