6. Great Lakes Christmas Ale
Style: Winter warmer
For lots of beer fans in the Midwest, Great Lakes Christmas Ale is holiday beer.
A four-time gold medal winner at the World Beer Championships, Christmas Ale is infused with just enough honey and biscuit-flavored malt to make it sweet but more than enough cinnamon and ginger to bring home its baked-goods flavor.
Great Lakes isn't stingy with the spices, either, so Christmas Ale's cinnamon-toast smell hits just as soon as the glass comes under a drinker's nose. Hints of nutmeg and caramel accompany it on the way down, but might be a bit too sweet for some drinkers.That copper color, cheerful trains-and-ornaments label and home-for-the-holidays taste make it a great holiday pick, but its 7.5% ABV should ensure plenty of slumber before Black Friday or the big morning.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV