9. Avery Brewing's Old Jubilation Ale
Style: English old ale
Colorado knows a thing or two about surviving a long winter, and Avery Brewing in Boulder isn't shy about turning up the heat a bit.
Its Old Jubilation Ale may seem harmless enough with its imitation Currier and Ives label, hints of chocolate and hazelnut and smooth mocha latte finish, but this beast packs a double-diamond wallop. At 8.3% ABV, Old Jubilation drinks like a beer with three-quarters less strength and can put unassuming holiday revelers down for a warm winter's nap quicker than tryptophan.
We know it's sweet going down, but sip it like cocoa. Don't chug it like cider.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts