9. Avery Brewing's Old Jubilation Ale
Style: English old ale
Colorado knows a thing or two about surviving a long winter, and Avery Brewing in Boulder isn't shy about turning up the heat a bit.
Its Old Jubilation Ale may seem harmless enough with its imitation Currier and Ives label, hints of chocolate and hazelnut and smooth mocha latte finish, but this beast packs a double-diamond wallop. At 8.3% ABV, Old Jubilation drinks like a beer with three-quarters less strength and can put unassuming holiday revelers down for a warm winter's nap quicker than tryptophan.
We know it's sweet going down, but sip it like cocoa. Don't chug it like cider.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV